NEW YORK, Aug. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report, “Carbon Neutral Data Center Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Product, Application and Country Analysis – Analysis and Forecast, 2022″ known -2027” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06315326/?utm_source=GNW
phase of the market life cycle
The market for climate-neutral data centers is still in a growth phase. The growth is attributed to the various eco-friendly policies and government regulations.
Increased research and development activities are underway to develop carbon-neutral data center technologies and products, which are expected to increase due to increased demand for data storage and digital transformation.
• With an increased global focus on achieving carbon neutral goals and addressing the demand for data storage, the shift from non-renewable energy sources to renewable energy sources brings significant opportunities in the data center industry.
• The shift is more pronounced in regions such as Europe and North America. Because countries in these regions, which naturally have a colder climate almost all year round, have the highest market potential.
Effects of COVID-19
Since 2019, the data center industry has seen growth in data center carbon neutrality. Even though other sectors have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, data center operators have experienced a double and double demand for data storage, driven by the surge in digitalization, cloud, AI and 5G adoption, as well as the pandemic itself.
The surge in remote working, video conferencing, and internet traffic brought on by the pandemic alone have been the key drivers behind the increase in data center capacity, accelerating the accelerated transition of regions like Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa toward fully digital economies.
In contrast, data center operators must transform data centers more comprehensively and faster than ever before. Increasingly, corporations and big tech companies are committing to becoming carbon neutral, with companies across all sectors making bold carbon reduction commitments, such as the Carbon Neutral Data Center Pact announced in 2020.
Segmentation 1: by industry
• IT and Telecom
• Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
• Government or public sector
• Retail trade
The global application segment carbon neutral data center market is expected to be dominated by the IT and telecom industries as the telecom industry is the largest consumer of data centers.
Data centers are a crucial part of the ICT industry as data transfer and delivery operations require better connectivity.
Segmentation 2: by data center type
• Hyperscale data centers
• Enterprise data centers
• Colocation data centers
The global carbon neutral data center market (by product, by data center type) is expected to be dominated by hyperscale data centers. This is because most of the leading hyperscale and cloud service providers have committed to becoming carbon neutral.
These companies include Google LLC, Facebook, Microsoft and Amazon AWS.
Segmentation 3: according to CO2-neutral solutions
• Software and platforms
• Support Services
The hardware segment dominates the global carbon neutral data center market based on solutions. This is because the data centers require specialized hardware that includes servers, racks, cooling systems and others and these devices are critical to data center deployment and hence have the highest capital expenditures in a data center infrastructure.
Segmentation 4: by region
• North America – USA, Canada and Mexico
• Europe – Germany, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Switzerland and Rest of Europe
• Great Britain
• Asia Pacific – Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of World – Middle East & Africa & South America
Europe generated the highest revenue in 2021 at $3.09 billion, driven by R&D advances and government regulation support in the region. Europe is an attractive region for the carbon neutral data center market due to the favorable climate for the use of renewable energy sources.
Recent developments in the global carbon neutral data center market
• In March 2022, Normative, a Google-sponsored Swedish start-up, released a free version of its carbon emissions tracker as companies around the world struggled to find ways to manage their carbon emissions be able.
• In March 2022, Amazon Web Services (AWS) gave customers access to a tool that measures the carbon footprint of cloud usage and compares it to the expected footprint of an on-premises data center.
• In May 2022, Alibaba Cloud, the foundation of Alibaba Group’s digital technology and innovation efforts, announced the opening of its third sustainable data center in Germany to meet the growing demand for digital transformation from customers across Europe.
• In May 2022, nZero, a carbon management platform, and Corscale, Patrinely Group’s data center platform, partnered to offer customers a sustainability solution that enables 24/7 carbon accounting and emissions tracking.
Demand – Drivers and Constraints
The following are the demand drivers for the carbon neutral data center market:
• Government regulations on CO2 emissions and increasing emphasis on renewable energy
• Growing energy-efficient alternatives for data center cooling
• Sustainable development efforts and CSR activities
• Rising electricity tariffs worldwide
The market is also expected to face some constraints due to the following challenges:
• High reliance on non-renewable energy for data center operations
• Higher implementation costs and compatibility issues
How can this report add value to an organization?
Product/Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the reader understand the different types of carbon neutral data center technologies available for use in the data center sector and their potential globally. Additionally, the study provides the reader with an in-depth understanding of different carbon neutral data center products by industry, data center type, and carbon neutral solutions.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: The global carbon neutral data center market has experienced significant development by key market players such as: B. Business expansion, partnership, cooperation and joint venture. The preferred strategy for the companies has been partnerships and collaborations to strengthen their position in the carbon neutral data center market.
For example, in February 2022, Merkle Standard and BITMAIN established a collaboration to build a sustainable data center infrastructure of up to 500 MW.
Competitive Strategy : The key players in the global Carbon Neutral Data Center Market analyzed and profiled in the study include Cloud Service Providers, Power and Cooling Service Providers, Data Center Providers and Infrastructure Manufacturers Global Carbon Neutral Data Center Market was created, to help the reader understand how the players stack up against each other and presents a clear market landscape.
Additionally, comprehensive competitive strategies such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations help the reader to understand the untapped revenue streams in the market.
Summary of key market players and competition
The profiled companies were selected based on contributions collected from primary experts that analyzed company coverage, product portfolio and market penetration.
Some of the prominent names that have established themselves in this market are:
• ABB Group
• Alibaba Group
• Amazon.com, Inc.
• Cisco Systems, Inc.
• Dell Inc.
• Digital Realty Trust
• Eaton Corporation plc
• Equinix, Inc.
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
• IBM Corporation
• Intel Corporation
• ANS Group Limited
• NEXTDC LTD.
• North America
• Rest of Europe
• Great Britain
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of the world
• Middle East and Africa
• South America
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06315326/?utm_source=GNW
About report linker
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research data you need—instantly and in one place.