We’re a little less than twenty-four hours from the Minnesota Vikings as they take the field for their only home game of the 2022 preseason when they host the San Francisco 49ers at US Bank Stadium. We want everyone to be able to follow all of the action if they want to, and we’re going to summarize all of the ways you can do that here.
Unlike last week’s game, this will be the case Not will be shown live on the NFL Network. The live transmission takes place only via local partners, which we will list for you here in a moment. If you are outside of these local areas, NFL Network reruns of this one will be held here Midnight Central Time tonight (20 August) and 11:00 p.m. Central Time on Monday (August 22nd).
Here are the local affiliates who will be broadcasting the game by the Vikings, with play-by-play being provided as a simulcast with the Vikings Radio Network starring Paul Allen, Pete Bercich and Ben Leber.
- KMSP (FOX/9 – Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- WDIO (ABC/10-13 – Duluth, Minnesota)
- KTTC (CW/10.2 – Rochester, Minnesota)
- KEYC (FOX/12.2 – Mankato, Minnesota)
- KVRR (FOX/15 – Fargo, ND)
- KFYR (NBC/5 – Bismarck, ND)
- KMOT (NBC/10 – Minot, ND)
- KSFY (ABC/13 – Sioux Falls, SD)
- KGAN (CBS/2 – Cedar Rapids, IA)
- KCCI (H&I/8.3 – Des Moines, IA)
- KPTH (My/44.2 – Sioux City, IA)
- WLAX (FOX/25 – La Crosse, WI)
- WEUX (FOX/48 – Eau Claire, WI)
- KETV (ABC/7 – Omaha, Nebraska)
If you live further west, here are the local affiliates who will be broadcasting the 49ers show starring Greg Papa and Tim Ryan.
- KPIX (CBS/5 – San Francisco, CA)
- KOVR (CBS/13 – Sacramento, California)
- KION (CBS/46 – Monterey, California)
- KSBY (NBC/6 – San Luis Obispo, California)
- KFRE (CW/59 – Fresno, California)
- KBAK (CBS/29 – Bakersfield, CA)
- KLAS (CBS/8 – Las Vegas, Nevada)
- KOLO (ABC/8 – Reno, NV)
- KCVU (FOX/20 – Chico, California)
- KBVU (FOX/28 – Eureka, California)
- KMVU (FOX/26 – Medford, OR) [delayed til after baseball]
- KTVZ (NBC/21 – Bend, OR)
- KITV (ABC/4 – Honolulu, HI)
Thank you to the good folks at 506 Sports for providing this list of partners.
if you have one Vikings Radio Network Affiliate in your area, you need to check and see if they carry the game or not. I suspect a lot of them will be, but you never know how they’re going to do preseason games.
If you have satellite radio you can find the Vikings Radio Network feed on channel 226, while the Niners feed can be found on channel 381 (I know the radios in some vehicles are limited to how high the satellite radio numbers go ). When using the SiriusXM app, channel 820 is the permanent home of the Vikings.
Information about the referee
According to the folks at Football Zebras, the officiating squad for this game will be led by (Yo) Adrian Hill. It’s pre-season for the incumbents too, so I won’t read too much into it.
Since this one will be played at US Bank Stadium, the weather will not have a significant impact on the game. I also don’t know if they will have the big doors open or not as rain is forecast for much of the afternoon before kick-off. Temperature is forecast to be in the mid 70’s which is decent enough. Thanks to our friends at WeatherNation for the forecast.
If you feel the need to bet on preseason games, you should know that our friends at the DraftKings Sportsbook have set the Vikings as a 4.5 point favorite for this one. Don’t expect many points as the over/under currently stands at 38.5.
If you’re nearby, I think you can stream this competition with the new NFL+ app. I haven’t personally used the app so I’m not 100% sure how it works. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to use some sort of streaming service that has the NFL network in its library, such as B. FuboTV.
I’m going to say the same thing about illegal streams that I’ve been saying for years: don’t do it. Or at least don’t push them here. This is the fast track to banning.
That should be pretty much all the information you need to catch the Saturday night preseason action in Minneapolis, folks. We’ll have our open threads ready for the game about half an hour before kick-off, and we’ll probably have open threads for each half. . .we will move to quarterly threads when we get to the regular season. We hope to see you here tomorrow!